Veterinary Pet Health Guidelines at San Pablo Animal Hospital
At San Pablo Animal Hospital, we feel that a healthy pet is a happy pet. Your pet’s health needs are relatively similar to yours. Your pet needs food, fresh water, exercise, housing and lots of love. But your pet also needs to have regular checkups, lab work, vaccinations and age appropriate medications to continue on the road to good health.
In the following sections, you will find helpful information regarding the health of your pet, including:
- Puppies and kittens—Starting your new pet on a regular health care regimen will help him or her live a long and healthy life.
- Vaccinations—In order to prevent certain diseases, vaccinations are essential.
- Wellness for all ages—An individualized program can be set up for your pet in order to help avoid serious health risks.
- Senior pet care—As pets age, they can develop health issues not seen in younger pets. We will work with you to develop a health care plan that’s right for you and your senior pet.
- Oral and dental health—Good oral hygiene for your pet can add 2-4 years onto his or her life. We’ll show you how.
Please browse the videos in our Pet Care section, which provides information on a wide variety of aspects that affect your pet’s health. We encourage you to access this information to learn more about what is recommended for your pet.
We urge you to call and ask us any questions that you might have regarding your pet’s health. San Pablo Animal Hospital doctors and staff like to take a proactive approach to pet care needs and want you to be actively involved in the decisions regarding your special pet.